TRAVEL MAKEUP TIPS
Beauty Travel Tips: How To Freshen Up Your Face After A Long Flight
| || |
|Air travel can suck the moisture out of your skin and leave you looking tired, fatigued and stressed. If you have a big meeting or event to go to upon your arrival, there may not be enough time to give yourself a complete makeover in the restroom. However, there are several makeup tricks you can use to freshen up your look in a flash. Whether you’re heading off on a weekend getaway or jetting away on a week long vacation, here are some simple makeup tricks that will freshen up your look after the long flight: |
FRESHEN UP YOUR FACE WITH THESE MAKEUP TRICKS
1. Pack an all-in-one concealing stick. These concealer sticks are available in a variety of shades and designed for spot treating your skin. They’re also great for traveling with because you don’t have to apply a fresh coat of foundation to maintain your flawless look. Use a concealer stick to cover up blemishes and freshen up a ruddy complexion with ease. Just dot it on your skin and blend with a clean finger after you get off the plane to freshen up your look.
2. Spritz your face and neck with a rose water spray. Companies such as Jurlique and other high-end brands carry their own line of facial spritzers that contain antioxidants and refreshing ingredients to revive tired skin. You can spritz these on over your makeup to keep your skin looking healthy and refreshed for those long-haul flights.
3. Remove lipstick or gloss completely before reapplying. Don’t layer on your lip makeup or you’ll risk the chance of dead skin cells and flakes sticking to your lips. Flying can make your lips dry out, so you’ll need to remove all traces of makeup before applying that fresh coat of lipstick or lip gloss.
4. Wear eye pads about an hour before landing. You can buy pre-moistened eye pads made with cucumber and other soothing ingredients to reduce eye puffiness. These will give your eyes an instant boost and you only need to leave them on for about 15 to 20 minutes. The best time to apply these is about an hour before landing.
5. Curl your eyelashes before mascara. If your mascara has faded during the flight, you’ll need to apply a few fresh coats before you land (or at the airport). Take your eyelash curler along so that you can curl those lashes quickly before adding a few coats of mascara.
6. Apply a layer of mineral makeup after the flight. Even if you regularly wear liquid foundation, flying can dry out your skin and make your pores appear larger than they really are. Use a mineral makeup powder that will settle on the top of your skin and give you a flawless look no matter what your skin looks like underneath! One of the biggest benefits of this type of makeup is that it won’t irritate your skin or accentuate large pores.
It’s also important to stay well-hydrated throughout your trip because dehydration can make your skin look pale and ashy. Drink lots of water (skip the soda and alcohol) and eat light meals throughout the day to keep your skin looking fresh and healthy for hours!
More Beauty Tips
|RELATED ON THE GO MAKEUP TIPS |
Sabah Karimi writes about beauty, makeup and lifestyle for DivaVillage.