Nicole Richie's Braided Updo
NICOLE RICHIE’S UPDO
Re-create Nicole Richie’s Chic Braided Hairstyle in 5 Easy Steps!
| || |
Reality show star and trendsetter Nicole Richie wore a beautiful braided hairstyle while out on the red carpet recently. Richie’s unique updo consisted of a center part and braided pieces, which were swept to the back and pinned in place, giving her a one of a kind ‘do that you can get too! Don’t worry; you needn’t be a trendsetter to wear this style. Here’s how to easily get Nicole Richie’s braided updo:
- Working with “day old” hair will help you when styling this hairdo. If your hair is clean, you can still achieve “day old” hair by applying styling product to your hair. A great product for this is Jonathan Product Dirt Texturizing Paste, which was specifically made for styles like this. Apply Jonathan Product dirt mainly at the middle and ends of hair, avoiding the roots, which would make it greasy looking. A product like this will give you texture and separation without you actually having “dirty” hair.
- Part your hair down the middle and make two small braids on each side of your head (for a total of 4 braids) using the hair closest to your hairline. Pin the ends of each braid with a bobby pin to secure each of them.
- Next, pull all of your hair toward the back of your head and into a low ponytail, leaving the braids out. Secure the ponytail with a hair band in a similar color to your hair to conceal it.
- Pull the braids back toward the low ponytail, and using the bobby pins already at the ends, secure them to your head (you can criss-cross an extra bobby pin for added security if you have thick hair).
- Twist the ends of your ponytail around the band and pin into place, allowing pieces of hair to flip out. The end result shouldn’t be about perfection, so just pin as you go. Voila! You have now created Nicole Richie’s unique updo.
This hairstyle is a great one to wear for any occasion. It is casual and out of the ordinary, so you can get away with it almost anywhere. It's very attractive and wearable, so try this style next time you are meeting the girls for happy hour or out shopping on the weekend!
Article Written By: Kristle Jones; Kristle has over 5 years experience in the beauty industry, ranging from makeup to hair and everything in between. She is the author of 101 Bridal Beauty Tips.
Celebrity Photo: WireImage