BEST HAIR IN HOLLYWOOD
The Top 5 Celebrity Hairstyles & How to Steal the Looks
Hollywood is known for its beautiful celebrities and their beautiful hair. The hairstyles are sleek, shiny, and glamorous, but a few celebs don’t always make it on the Top ‘Do list. Here we’ve chosen to feature those fabulous celebs that always seem get it right. Our favorite celebrity manes include Eva Mendes, Sarah Jessica Parker, Nicole Kidman, Marcia Cross, and Jennifer Aniston. We're excited to show you how you can steal these Hollywood hair secrets and make them your own for a celeb-worthy style. Here’s how to get some of the hairstyle looks that you covet.
1. EVA MENDES’ MESSY UPDO HAIRSTYLE
Eva Mendes perfects the messy updo hairstyle every time. Caramel colored strands with honey highlights show off the texture of her hairstyle. Here’s how to get this sultry screen siren’s messy updo:
- To get Eva’s hair color, have your colorist lighten your strands 2-3 shades lighter than your natural color and then weave in lighter highlights.
- For her messy updo hairstyle, tease your hair at the roots and pull everything but the front pieces into a high ponytail. There is no need to spray with hair spray because this is a messy look. Lastly, just sweep your bangs to the side for an effortlessly stylish look.
2. SARAH JESSICA PARKER’S HAIRSTYLE
It’s only natural that after playing Carrie in Sex and the City, Sarah Jessica Parker would know how to make a fashion statement. In addition to her fabulous sense of personal style, SATC fans also went crazy for Carrie’s ever-changing hairstyles. We love when SJP works her natural texture and sports a curly style. If you have natural curls, this style will work perfectly for you too.
3. NICOLE KIDMAN’S PRISTINE HAIRSTYLE
Nicole Kidman is another super star who never seems to have a hair out of place. Her hairstyles are flawless, and we just love her with curly hair. Her pristine curls are usually the result of a curling iron. Here’s how to get Nicole Kidman’s curls:
- Concentrating on the front pieces and top layers, take a ¾” barrel curling iron and spiral curl individual strands. The curling iron will give you shiny, bouncy curls all over. You can then tousle your hair with your fingertips to blend your natural curl with the ironed curls.
4. MARCIA CROSS’ WAVY HAIRSTYLE
With an enviable wavy red mane, Marcia Cross was sure to make our “Best Hair in Hollywood” list. If you’re just “desperate” to get her look, here’s how!
- If your skin tone allows it, have your stylist try a red glaze on your hair to give your hair a boost of crimson color. If you don’t have the perfect skin tone for the scarlet color, you can still add celeb-worthy shine to your hair with a clear glaze.
- If you crave Cross’s long wavy locks, get them by using a 1 ¼” barrel curling iron on hair.
- Start with dry hair and curl 2” strands back away from face. Repeat this all over your entire head and then spray with a light hold hair spray like Aveda’s Witch Hazel Light Hold Hairspray to keep strands in place.
5. JENNIFER ANISTON’S SLEEK HAIRSTYLE
For years, we have been attempting to replicate Jennifer Aniston’s hairstyles. From the “Rachel” to her more recent silky straight style, she always has the hairstyle we want. Here’s how to get her sleek hairstyle:
- Jennifer matches her hair to her golden girl image by having her stylist give her heavy golden highlights. You can mimic this color with warm color tones or similar gold highlights. Try Revlon’s Frost and Glow At-Home Highlighting Kit for gold and honey highlights.
- To get Aniston’s silky straight hair, use a flat iron like the 1” CHI Ceramic Iron on small sections of hair. Once hair is straight as a board, you can run a shine product like Biosilk’s Shine On shine serum through hair.
Article Written By: Kristle Jones; Kristle has over 5 years experience in the beauty industry, ranging from makeup to hair and everything in between. She is the author of 101 Bridal Beauty Tips.