TIME FOR FASHION
Our Top 10 Picks for Oversized Watches to Wear Through Summer & Fall
ASHLEY OLSEN WEARS OVERSIZED WATCHES
There is an increasingly popular trend of “oversized” happening all around, whether it be your breakfast burrito, Range Rover, or your accessories. It all started with oversized sunglasses, then moved on to statement jewelry, and today has focused on wristwatches. Celebs played a big part in the popularity of this trend, with trendsetters like Ashley Olsen (who is known for wearing everything oversized) sporting fabulous statement watches. We have compiled a list of the top ten watches that will not only stand the test of time, but will be an amazing statement accessory for the upcoming season as well.
The oversized watch is a classic trend that resurfaces every few years or so, and as a result many high-end luxury brands are jumping on the opportunity to design these watches.
- For a classic watch silhouette, try out the Michael Kors python-embossed leather watch in traditional white.
- The Marc by Marc Jacobs “Molly” patent leather round dial watch has eye-catching polished stainless-steel details.
- If you are looking for a more modern watch with a timeless twist, Gucci has updated their stainless steel "Twirl" watch with a Swiss-made quartz movement and rotating case dial and it is available in a variety of colors.
- We’d also like to give Guess’ ladies timepiece a big thumbs up. A classic style in a more affordable price range, this style is similar to Ashley Olsen's watch, and is as functional as it is stylish with an 18-karat gold-plated case and Swiss two-eye (day/date) multi-function movement.
Stunning, vibrant colors are so great for summer and look amazing on tanned skin.
- If you’re looking for a statement watch with a burst of color, try Nixon’s hot pink "Tribella" faceted plastic bangle, which is embedded with a sleek-faced watch.
- If the bright color is a little too much for you, Forever 21’s "Electra" watch cuff combines yellow with metal for a more muted style, complete with a refined square face.
This season, the old adage “less is more” does not necessarily hold true. In an attempt to look unique from other watches, these statement watches are also adorned with various embellishments:
- Nixon’s "Deveaux" watch is enhanced with a cut-pattern leather band and a hammered steel finish, and is available in a rainbow of colors.
- Kenneth Jay Lane’s embellished “Cabs” watch is certainly a statement piece. With a mother of pearl face and jewelry buckle closure, this watch also doubles as an exquisite bracelet!
- This uber-chic white croc watch from Betsey Johnson is as fun as it is stylish. The large crystals surrounding the watch face add a glitzy appeal to this otherwise understated style.
- As for a watch with a little history, designer Martine Ilana gathers pieces of leather in her travels across the world and creates her La Mer brand watches. We especially love her Spring Garden watch with extra-long soft leather straps, finished off with a double chain topped off with charms.
Article Written By: Jenny Herman: Jenny has degrees in Psychology and Fashion, loves to write and style, and tries to find the fun in every situation.
Graphic Work: Kimberly Kong
Celebrity Photo: WireImage