Sunglasses for Every Face
SUNGLASSES FOR EVERY FACE
Find the Perfect Sunglasses for Your Face Shape!
SUMMER SUNGLASS TRENDS
Keep the harsh summer sun out of your precious eyes and look stylish at the same time. No matter the season, a great pair of shades (or two) are a must-have in every girl's accessory arsenal. Celebrities have been spotted wearing multiple trends in sunglasses this summer, and we have chosen a few of our favorites.
Sunglass Trend #1: Wire Rimmed Sunglasses
- Designers and celebs like Elle Macpherson love wire rim sunglasses. From aviator sunglasses by Roberto Cavalli to shield sunglasses by Dior, wire rims are in big demand and the trend isn’t going away anytime soon.
Sunglass Trend #2: Tortoiseshell Sunglasses
- Uma Thurman protects her fabulous face with a pair of tortoiseshell sunglasses in a fabulous square shape. To mimic her style, try this pair of Marc Jacobs sunglasses or this smaller rectangular and more affordable pair from Old Navy.
Sunglass Trend #3: Retro Sunglasses
- For a more unique look, try a pair of retro sunglasses like Lily Allen's. These Wayfarer shades come in fun colors and funky shapes, and the retro look is for the girl who really wants to stand out. If you're feeling super funky, try these fabulously retro shades from Balanciaga.
FIND YOUR PERFECT SUNGLASS STYLE
Celebrities always look super hot in sunglasses because they choose styles that suit their face shape. Have you ever seen a picture of a celeb wearing a fabulous pair of shades and wondered whether you could pull off the look? Well, now you can find out! To find your perfect style and celebrity face-mate, check out our face shape sunglasses guide.
Sunglasses for Long Faces
- Your celebrity face-mate is Liv Tyler. Try sunglasses with wide frames to balance out your long face. Choose long oval and oversized round shapes like aviators, and avoid sharp angles and vertical lines.
Sunglasses for Heart Shaped Faces
- Your celebrity face-mate is Victoria Beckham. Try sunglasses with defined nose bridges that split the eyes and break up the width of the forehead. Avoid styles with long horizontal lines across the top like shields and sunglasses with pointed bottoms.
Sunglasses for Square Faces
- Your celebrity face-mate is Jessica Simpson. Try sunglasses with curved and rounded edges and shapes with long vertical lenses to lengthen the face. Avoid hard angles and square, rectangular shapes.
Sunglasses for Oval Faces
- Your celebrity face-mate is Elle Macpherson. Try sunglasses in any shape as long as they are in proportion to your overall face. Oval face shapes have the luxury of choice because almost any style with work with their face shape, so you can try on all the sunglasses in the store!
Article Written By: Dayle Zimmer; Dayle is a graduate of FIDM in Los Angeles, CA and enjoys the creative aspects of life and shopping for shoes.
Photos: WireImage & PR Photos