Road to Prom: Prepare for the Big Night!
Prepare for your Big Prom Night in a Timely Manner with Our Tips
|One of the biggest events during your high school days is the prom. Getting the evening organized with hair, makeup, dining options and travel arrangements can seem hectic and overwhelming to any adult, let alone a teenager. Here is a “Road to Prom” guide on how to prepare in the weeks heading up to prom. || |
Tips on Preparing for Your Prom Night:
3 months prior:
- Start planning your look. Flip through hair magazines to get hairstyle ideas. Or, plan out your perfect prom hairstyle with our Prom Hair Guide.
- Browse evening dresses online, or head to the mall to look at dresses with friends (get budget-friendly tips).
- Most importantly, make sure you’ll have a date!
2 months prior:
- Set your appointments. Salons book up fast during prom season, so make sure you get an appointment with your favorite stylist by booking as early as possible. Make sure you know how to communicate with your hairstylist before your appointment.
- You can set your appointment for your nails and makeup now as well.
- Come up with dinner ideas with your date and friends (get budget-friendly tips).
- Book a limo or arrange for transportation to and from dinner/prom (get budget-friendly tips).
1 month prior:
- Coordinate your look with your date. Do you want him to wear a tie to match your dress?
- Finalize your prom look. Narrow down your hair choices to two and choose and purchase your prom gown, shoes, and accessories.
3 weeks prior:
- Get your gown altered. If you are super short, you know what a hassle it can be to trip, so get it altered for the perfect fit.
|2 weeks prior: || |
- Reserve your corsage and boutonniere at your local floral shop. Color-coordinate the flowers to your attire for the best look.
- Do a trial run hairstyle with your stylist or, if you are doing your own hair, practice the style a few times. Get tips on casual but sexy prom hairstyles here.
|1 week prior: || |
- Confirm all reservations.
- Do you have everything you need? Gown, shoes, accessories, date, dinner reservations, transportation?
|Day before: || |
- Treat yourself to a relaxing afternoon once school is out. Get together with your friends and treat each other to pedicures or at-home facials. Get tips on how to pamper yourself here.
|Day of: || |
- This is it, today is the big day! Get your nails, hair, and makeup done and out of the way by the early afternoon so you can concentrate on relaxing and taking a bit of a breather before prom night.
- It’s time to get dressed up and go to prom!
By following this “Road to Prom” guide, it will help keep you on track while preparing for your prom. Remember, these are just guidelines, but they will be of assistance in keeping you organized. The most important bit of advice is just to relax and have fun. Prom is only one night, so make it an agreeable one!
Article Written By: Kristle Jones; Kristle has over 5 years experience in the beauty industry, ranging from makeup to hair and everything in between. She is the author of 101 Bridal Beauty Tips, which you can find here.